Sunday, January 19, 2014

A little about me and what I want this to be

I love to travel. I dont mean....yeah...travel is ok...I mean..I spend the better part of a year planning and mapping out what we will do on our next vacation. My spouse and I have taken 15 trips in the last 5 years. We have been to Las Vegas, Fall Creek Falls (4 times), Natural Bridge Park, The Smokie Mountains, South Dakota, Florida (2 times), The Gulf Coast, and Branson. And those are just the ones I remember.

Most times we camp, but a few times we've stayed in condos (Florida) and once in the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas. We are not rich people, but we love the travel and I personally love to look for a good deal and find great things to do on a limited budget. Its not easy...but its so worth it.

This year we are planning 3 trips. In May we will be in Branson, in July in Colorado at the Rockie Mountains, and in September we will be at Fall Creek Falls in Tennesee. That requires alot of advance planning. Fall Creek will be the easiest to plan because we go there so much, but the Rockie trip is already causing me to stress. Today I secured our campsite at Moraine park.

We will be taking our popup camper on this trip. So we dont have to mess with a tent, however , we wont have a water hookup to keep water in our camper, and we dont have electric hookups. I will be doing my posts by firelight it looks like..lol. The big thing about this trip....theres no showers. They have a place to have a camp shower, wich is you fill a bag with water and lay it in the sun to get warm. or you can fill it up with hot water. Either way, you hang it in a shower stall and thats how you get your shower...soooo no long leisurely shower time. Lol.

On top of that, we need to figure out what our meals will be, and how to stay as warm as possible in temps dropping to the low 30s at that time of year.

The main goal of this blog is to show you how we save money on our trips, and hopefully help you find a way to save money on your trips too. I plan to show planning tips, picking campsites, best of the cheap, what you shouldnt miss, cheap eats, how we travel, money savers, campground reviews, activities to do, and anything else I dont think should be missed. I hope you like our lil slice of the net here, and I hope it helps others out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment